Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - October 30
Tuesday - 10/30/2012, 6:32pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Adm. Jamie Barnett — Senior Vice President, Potomac Institute for Policy Studies
This year is the 10th anniversary of the Maritime Transportation Security Act. It's just one piece of legislation that some observers say could use an update.
Retired Adm. Jamie Barnett, the senior vice president of academic programs and research at the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies, joins In Depth to discuss how the maritime security law has affected global and domestic maritime safety over the past 10 years and why it needs an update.
Tom Shoop — Editor-in-chief, Government Executive
The government will reopen Wednesday for the first time since Sandy hit the D.C. area. And people are already starting to review and analyze the federal government's response.
Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief of Government Executive, joins In Depth to discuss the federal response to the storm — and the public's perception of it.
Robyn Kehoe — Director of Field Operations, Federal Employee Education & Assistance Fund
Agency after agency is reporting how they're responding in the aftermath of superstorm Sandy. But some federal employees are the ones that actually need the help.
Robyn Kehoe, the director of field operations for the Federal Employee Education & Assistance Fund, joins In Depth to discuss FEEA's mission and how it helps federal employees in need.
Feds can apply for disaster relief through FEEA (related story)
Guy Timberlake — Co-founder and Chief Visionary Officer, American Small Business Coalition
Two days off from work for a federal employee can be a blessing in disguise. Two days off from work for a small contractor can be more devastating than the hurricane was.
Guy Timberlake, the co-founder and chief visionary officer of The American Small Business Coalition, joins In Depth to discuss what the down time means for the small business bottom line.
Mark Forman — Former E-Gov Administrator, Office of Management and Budget
You're headed back to the office tomorrow — unless you're teleworking — but the bad guys haven't stopped trying to get into your network. A strategy to get back on track will help you catch up faster.
Mark Forman, the former E-Gov administrator at the Office of Management and Budget and now the director of EZ Grant Filing, joins In Depth to discuss the steps agency IT officials should take as they return to work.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Also on the show:
AF eliminates civilian skill code requirements (Air Force Personnel Center)
AF to save $2.6 million with electronic record scoring system (Air Force Personnel Center)