Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - October 29
Monday - 10/29/2012, 5:42pm EDT
Cindy Auten — General Manager, Telework Exchange
If you're listening to the show right now, there's a good chance you're teleworking. The Office of Personnel Management has announced yesterday the federal government would be closed because of the quickly approaching Hurricane Sandy.
But no matter what agency you work for, there's advice everyone needs to know when working remotely during the storm. Cindy Auten, the general manager of the Telework Exchange, joins In Depth to discuss agencies' continuity of operations (COOP) plans and how employees can find out more about them.
Dr. C.D. Mote — Member of the National Research Council Governing Board/officer of the National Academy for Engineering
The Defense Department is struggling to fill its top-level positions in science, technology, engineering and mathematics careers, according to a recent report from the National Research Council.
Dr. C.D. Mote is a member of the National Research Council Governing Board and Officer of the National Academy for Engineering. He joins In Depth to discuss why it's so difficult for the Pentagon to find qualified people for these positions.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Also on the show: