Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
In Depth interviews - October 29
Monday - 10/29/2012, 5:42pm EDT
Cindy Auten — General Manager, Telework Exchange
If you're listening to the show right now, there's a good chance you're teleworking. The Office of Personnel Management has announced yesterday the federal government would be closed because of the quickly approaching Hurricane Sandy.
But no matter what agency you work for, there's advice everyone needs to know when working remotely during the storm. Cindy Auten, the general manager of the Telework Exchange, joins In Depth to discuss agencies' continuity of operations (COOP) plans and how employees can find out more about them.
Dr. C.D. Mote — Member of the National Research Council Governing Board/officer of the National Academy for Engineering
The Defense Department is struggling to fill its top-level positions in science, technology, engineering and mathematics careers, according to a recent report from the National Research Council.
Dr. C.D. Mote is a member of the National Research Council Governing Board and Officer of the National Academy for Engineering. He joins In Depth to discuss why it's so difficult for the Pentagon to find qualified people for these positions.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Also on the show: