Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - October 29
Monday - 10/29/2012, 5:42pm EDT
Cindy Auten — General Manager, Telework Exchange
If you're listening to the show right now, there's a good chance you're teleworking. The Office of Personnel Management has announced yesterday the federal government would be closed because of the quickly approaching Hurricane Sandy.
But no matter what agency you work for, there's advice everyone needs to know when working remotely during the storm. Cindy Auten, the general manager of the Telework Exchange, joins In Depth to discuss agencies' continuity of operations (COOP) plans and how employees can find out more about them.
Dr. C.D. Mote — Member of the National Research Council Governing Board/officer of the National Academy for Engineering
The Defense Department is struggling to fill its top-level positions in science, technology, engineering and mathematics careers, according to a recent report from the National Research Council.
Dr. C.D. Mote is a member of the National Research Council Governing Board and Officer of the National Academy for Engineering. He joins In Depth to discuss why it's so difficult for the Pentagon to find qualified people for these positions.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Also on the show: