Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
In Depth interviews - October 24
Wednesday - 10/24/2012, 3:10pm EDT
Valerie Melvin — Director of information management and technology resource issues, Government Accountability Office
The Medicare computer network serves millions of healthcare providers that need to check patient eligibility — and it only about three seconds to get results.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has come a long way to get real results for the citizens it serves, according to a recent review by the Government Accountability Office.
Valerie Melvin, director of information management and technology resources issues at GAO, joins In Depth to discuss the program and the steps CMS took to improve it.
CMS took steps to improve its beneficiary eligibility verification system (link to GAO report)
Also on the show: