Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - October 23
Tuesday - 10/23/2012, 2:49pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Dr. Frances Murphy — President of Sigma Health Consulting, LLC
The Departments Veterans Affairs and Defense might be losing almost $1 million a year because integrated health records that aren't really integrated.
Dr. Frances Murphy, the president of Sigma Health Consulting, LLC and VA's former deputy undersecretary for health, joins In Depth to discuss a recent Institute of Medicine report on the electronic health record system at Lovell Federal Health Care Center.
Tom Shoop — Editor-in-Chief, Government Executive
Knowing what your boss is like is important before starting a new job. But when it comes to the federal government, it's a different story — especially at this time of year, when you don't know if your current boss is going to stick around.
Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief at Government Executive, joins In Depth to discuss some of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's leadership style.
Romney in the Bureaucratic Weeds (related link)
Kim Weaver — Director of external affairs, Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
Kim Weaver, the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board's director of external affairs, joins In Depth to recap the the board's most recent meeting. Among the topics up for discussion were the number of federal employees now investing in the Roth Thrift Savings Plan option as well as a possible mutual fund window for the TSP.
Mary Alice Baish — Superintendent of Documents, Government Printing Office
Historical documents rom the Treasury Department's library will soon make their way to the Government Printing Office Federal Digital Systems (FDsys), where they will be available at the click of a mouse.
The effort is the result of a new partnership between the two agencies.
Mary Alice Baish, GPO's assistant public printer and superintendent of documents, joins In Depth to discuss the project and how it came about.
Also on the show:
In the 3 p.m. hour, In Depth played highlights from an Oct. 10 AFCEA Bethesda event on identity and access management, including remarks by Tom McCarty, the director of credential and identity management at the Homeland Security Department.
Rewrite of cyber circular aims to 'break some china' (Federal News Radio)
AF officials extend separation, retirement application window for active-duty Airmen (Air Force Personnel Center)