Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - October 23
Tuesday - 10/23/2012, 2:49pm EDT
Dr. Frances Murphy — President of Sigma Health Consulting, LLC
The Departments Veterans Affairs and Defense might be losing almost $1 million a year because integrated health records that aren't really integrated.
Dr. Frances Murphy, the president of Sigma Health Consulting, LLC and VA's former deputy undersecretary for health, joins In Depth to discuss a recent Institute of Medicine report on the electronic health record system at Lovell Federal Health Care Center.
Tom Shoop — Editor-in-Chief, Government Executive
Knowing what your boss is like is important before starting a new job. But when it comes to the federal government, it's a different story — especially at this time of year, when you don't know if your current boss is going to stick around.
Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief at Government Executive, joins In Depth to discuss some of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's leadership style.
Romney in the Bureaucratic Weeds (related link)
Kim Weaver — Director of external affairs, Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
Kim Weaver, the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board's director of external affairs, joins In Depth to recap the the board's most recent meeting. Among the topics up for discussion were the number of federal employees now investing in the Roth Thrift Savings Plan option as well as a possible mutual fund window for the TSP.
Mary Alice Baish — Superintendent of Documents, Government Printing Office
Historical documents rom the Treasury Department's library will soon make their way to the Government Printing Office Federal Digital Systems (FDsys), where they will be available at the click of a mouse.
The effort is the result of a new partnership between the two agencies.
Mary Alice Baish, GPO's assistant public printer and superintendent of documents, joins In Depth to discuss the project and how it came about.
Also on the show:
In the 3 p.m. hour, In Depth played highlights from an Oct. 10 AFCEA Bethesda event on identity and access management, including remarks by Tom McCarty, the director of credential and identity management at the Homeland Security Department.
Rewrite of cyber circular aims to 'break some china' (Federal News Radio)
AF officials extend separation, retirement application window for active-duty Airmen (Air Force Personnel Center)