Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - October 22
Monday - 10/22/2012, 2:52pm EDT
DJ Kachman — Director of mobile and security assurance for Enterprise Systems Engineering, Veterans Affairs Department
The agency has begun a pilot program, testing up to 5,000 possible smartphones and tablets to be use departmentwide. That's the first step in a roadmap laid out by the agency's chief information officer, Roger Baker, to eventually include 100,000 centrally-managed devices throughout Va's health-care and benefits systems.
D.J. Kachman, VA's director of mobile and security assurance for Enterprise Systems Engineering, joins In Depth to discuss the pilot program and the types of devices it will include.
VA awards contract for mobile device management, apps store (related story)
Steve Bucci — Senior Fellow, Heritage Foundation
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) says cyber legislation may be on the agenda for a lame duck session of Congress that starts the week after the election. The Obama administration, meanwhile, is finalizing the language in a draft cybersecurity executive order that would address some of the points Congress hasn't acted on yet.
Dr. Steve Bucci, a senior research fellow for defense and homeland security at the Heritage Foundation, joins In Depth to discuss why he believes issuing an executive order would be using "a 19th-century answer for a 21st-century problem."
Cybersecurity is not a partisan issue (related link)
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Frank Rusco — Director of Natural Resources and Environment Issues, Government Accountability Office
The Energy Department is supposed to lead the government's efforts in the so-called energy-water nexus. But seven years after the Energy Policy Act of 2005 was signed into law, the department still has work to do, according to a recent Government Accountability Office review.
Frank Rusco, director of natural resources and environment issues at GAO, joins In Depth to discuss the agency's recommendations.
Also on the show:
In the 3 p.m. hour, In Depth played highlights from Defense Secretary Leon Panetta's address before the Hampton Roads, Va., Chamber of Commerce on Oct. 19.
DISA plots out five year plan to keep DoD's cyber edge (Federal News Radio)