Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
In Depth interviews - October 19
Friday - 10/19/2012, 8:03pm EDT
Scott Amey — General Counsel, Project on Government Oversight
The Pentagon is struggling to use single-source contracts correctly, according to a recent Defense Department Inspector General report. The IG said the agency ignored contract protocols in almost half of all the single-bid contracts it reviewed.
Scott Amey, the general counsel of the watchdog group the Project on Government Oversight, joins In Depth to discuss how single-bid contracting stifles competition in the contracting process.
Pentagon Single-Bid Contracting Hurting Taxpayers (related link)
Roger Waldron — President, Coalition for Government Procurement
It takes a village to build a strong partnership with the government and private sector. But when it comes to the procurement system, some people stand above the rest.
Roger Waldron, the president of the Coalition for Government Procurement, joins In Depth to discuss the recipients of the 2012 Excellence in Partnership (EIP) Recognition Program.
Trey Hodgkins — Senior Vice President for the Global Public Sector, TechAmerica
As painful as it may be, looking at an extended financial forecast for the federal government is vital for industry success.
That's what the 2012 Vision Conference, hosted by the TechAmerica Foundation, aims to do.
Trey Hodgkins, the senior vice president for the global public sector at TechAmerica, joins In Depth to to discuss the group's financial forecast for IT spending and defense market trends.
Also on the show:
DHS realigns cyber office into five divisions (Federal News Radio)
DISA plots out five year plan to keep DoD's cyber edge (Federal News Radio)