Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - October 19
Friday - 10/19/2012, 8:03pm EDT
Scott Amey — General Counsel, Project on Government Oversight
The Pentagon is struggling to use single-source contracts correctly, according to a recent Defense Department Inspector General report. The IG said the agency ignored contract protocols in almost half of all the single-bid contracts it reviewed.
Scott Amey, the general counsel of the watchdog group the Project on Government Oversight, joins In Depth to discuss how single-bid contracting stifles competition in the contracting process.
Pentagon Single-Bid Contracting Hurting Taxpayers (related link)
Roger Waldron — President, Coalition for Government Procurement
It takes a village to build a strong partnership with the government and private sector. But when it comes to the procurement system, some people stand above the rest.
Roger Waldron, the president of the Coalition for Government Procurement, joins In Depth to discuss the recipients of the 2012 Excellence in Partnership (EIP) Recognition Program.
Trey Hodgkins — Senior Vice President for the Global Public Sector, TechAmerica
As painful as it may be, looking at an extended financial forecast for the federal government is vital for industry success.
That's what the 2012 Vision Conference, hosted by the TechAmerica Foundation, aims to do.
Trey Hodgkins, the senior vice president for the global public sector at TechAmerica, joins In Depth to to discuss the group's financial forecast for IT spending and defense market trends.
Also on the show:
DHS realigns cyber office into five divisions (Federal News Radio)
DISA plots out five year plan to keep DoD's cyber edge (Federal News Radio)