Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - October 18
Thursday - 10/18/2012, 2:30pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Bruce Chew — Partner, Monitor Group
One agency's branding itself the civilian DARPA. The General Services Administration prides itself on innovation, whether it's office layouts, mobile technology or crowdsourcing. Acting GSA Administrator Dan Tangherlini said recently he wants the agency to become the civilian equivalent of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the Pentagon's high-tech research arm.
Bruce Chew, a partner at the Monitor Group, attended the panel discussion where Tangherlini made the announcement. He joins In Depth to discuss GSA's evolution.
GSA strives to become the 'civilian DARPA' (related link)
Gary Loyd — CEO, Centurion Research Solutions
It could be the Lexis-Nexis database of federal contracting. Centurion Research Solutions has created an online library of white papers, marketing seminars and newly minted requests-for-proposals all for the federal government. It's called the Federal Contractor Knowledge Center.
Gary Loyd, the CEO of Centurion Research Solutions, joins In Depth to discuss the database and how contractors are using it.
Guy Timberlake — Co-founder and Chief Visionary Officer, American Small Business Coalition
Depending on your family, most people are familiar with the kiddie table. The grownups eat on nice silverware in the dining room and the little kids play with their food in the kitchen. Guy Timberlake, the co-founder and chief visionary officer of the American Small Business Coalition, joins In Depth to discuss how that metaphor can be applied to the small-business set-aside program.
On the ASBC blog, Timberlake wrote that it's time for small businesses to raise their profiles and shed the traditional image that springs to mind when people think of small business.
Also on the show:
Advances Create Vulnerabilities, Cybercom Commander Says (American Forces Press Service)
FDA Tackling Medical Device Security (GovInfoSecurity)