Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - October 18
Thursday - 10/18/2012, 2:30pm EDT
Bruce Chew — Partner, Monitor Group
One agency's branding itself the civilian DARPA. The General Services Administration prides itself on innovation, whether it's office layouts, mobile technology or crowdsourcing. Acting GSA Administrator Dan Tangherlini said recently he wants the agency to become the civilian equivalent of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the Pentagon's high-tech research arm.
Bruce Chew, a partner at the Monitor Group, attended the panel discussion where Tangherlini made the announcement. He joins In Depth to discuss GSA's evolution.
GSA strives to become the 'civilian DARPA' (related link)
Gary Loyd — CEO, Centurion Research Solutions
It could be the Lexis-Nexis database of federal contracting. Centurion Research Solutions has created an online library of white papers, marketing seminars and newly minted requests-for-proposals all for the federal government. It's called the Federal Contractor Knowledge Center.
Gary Loyd, the CEO of Centurion Research Solutions, joins In Depth to discuss the database and how contractors are using it.
Guy Timberlake — Co-founder and Chief Visionary Officer, American Small Business Coalition
Depending on your family, most people are familiar with the kiddie table. The grownups eat on nice silverware in the dining room and the little kids play with their food in the kitchen. Guy Timberlake, the co-founder and chief visionary officer of the American Small Business Coalition, joins In Depth to discuss how that metaphor can be applied to the small-business set-aside program.
On the ASBC blog, Timberlake wrote that it's time for small businesses to raise their profiles and shed the traditional image that springs to mind when people think of small business.
Also on the show:
Advances Create Vulnerabilities, Cybercom Commander Says (American Forces Press Service)
FDA Tackling Medical Device Security (GovInfoSecurity)