Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
DoD personnel chief taking medical leave of absence
Wednesday - 10/17/2012, 4:38pm EDT
Conaton, who has served as the undersecretary for personnel and readiness since May, informed Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and her staff that she would take leave to address a personal health issue, according to the DoD statement.
"Secretary Conaton has been a valued adviser to Secretary Panetta, and he strongly supports her decision to take time to focus on her health," Little said in the statement. "Secretary Panetta, and the entire leadership of the Department of Defense, wishes Secretary Conaton a speedy recovery and looks forward to her returning to the department soon."
Panetta designated Jessica Wright, the assistant secretary of defense for Reserve Affairs, to serve as the acting principal deputy undersecretary of defense for personnel and readiness in Conaton's absence.
Obama nominated Conaton, formerly the undersecretary of the Air Force, to serve as the Pentagon's top manpower official in January. Conaton's predecessor, a retired Marine major general named Clifford Stanley, resigned last October amid an investigation of mismanagement.