Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - October 17
Wednesday - 10/17/2012, 2:49pm EDT
Vance Hitch — Strategic adviser, Deloitte Consulting
Your chief information officer may hold the key to cutting operational costs. Former Justice Department CIO Vance Hitch, now a senior adviser for Deloitte's federal practice, wrote in a recent article that IT has moved from the back office into the frontlines "for improving government operations overall."
Hitch joins In Depth to discuss smart government IT.
Budget shortfalls driving CIOs' priorities (related story)
Lynn Mattice — President and founder, National Economic Security Grid (NESG)
Agencies are working on — and even implementing — Bring Your Own Device strategies. But as they do it, an old saying is coming to the mind of one observer: "If it appears to be too good to be true, it more than likely is."
Lynn Mattice, the president and founder of the National Economic Security Grid, wrote about the "real danger" of agency BYOD strategies in a post on SecurityDebrief.com. In the long run, he wrote, a BYOD strategy will likely increase risk and cost more than it's worth.
The real danger of a BYOD strategy (related link)
Brand Niemann — Former Senior Enterprise Architect, Environmental Protection Agency
The Energy Datapalooza is not a rock concert raising environmental awareness. The White House hosted the event to highlight its new website Energy.Data.gov.
Brand Niemann, former senior enterprise architect and data scientist with the Environmental Protection Agency, joins In Depth to discuss his take on the new site and what it offers.
Fact Checking EnergyData.gov: Claims Come Up Short (related link)
Also on the show:
Staying Safe Online (White House blog)
Smartphone users should be aware of malware targeting mobile devices (Internet Crime Complaint Center)