Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - October 10
Wednesday - 10/10/2012, 5:04pm EDT
Katherine Hammack — Assistant Secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy and Environment
October is Army Energy Awareness Month. Katherine Hammack, assistant secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy and the Environment, has been crisscrossing the country meeting with leaders from Army bases to discuss the Army's sustainability and energy-efficiency projects.
The Army's Net Zero energy initiative aims to implement innovative technologies to both conserve energy on Army bases as well as to repurpose energy with the goal of producing as much energy on the base as it uses.
Bill Shear — Director, Financial Markets and Community Investment, Government Accountability Office
The federal government constantly struggles with its small business goals. But part of the problem might not be a matter of dollars spent, but helping small businesses understand how to obtain contracts, according to a recent report from the Government Accountability Office.
Bill Shear, director of Financial Markets and Community Investment Issues at GAO, joins In Depth to explain where agencies are falling short in assisting small minority-owned businesses.
Rep. Jeff Miller (R-Fla.)
Rep. Jeff Miller (R-Fla.), the chairman of the Veterans Affairs Committee, is calling for VA Secretary Eric Shinseki to fire his chief of staff, John Gingrich, for failing to exercise proper oversight over conference costs.
The VA IG reported last week that Gingrich signed off on the two human-resources training conferences which ended up costing the agency $6.1 million — and contained as much as $762,000 in questionable spending.
Miller joins In Depth to discuss why he thinks Gingrich needs to go.
Also on the show: