Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - October 9
Tuesday - 10/9/2012, 8:51pm EDT
Tom Shoop — Editor-in-Chief, Government Executive
Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief of Government Executive, joins In Depth to discuss the "political paranoia" surrounding the Bureau of Labor Statistics and last week's new jobs figures.
"Those who suggest that BLS numbers could be easily manipulated are in fact questioning the very idea of an independent, professional civil service," Shoop wrote on GovExec.com. "And today they did so with precious little in the way of supporting evidence."
Hord Tipton — Executive Director, (ISC)²
Budget challenges are heating up, but now is the time to stand your cyber ground to protect your agency.
Hord Tipton, the former chief information officer of the Interior Department and now executive director of (ISC)², joins In Depth to discuss cybersecurity legislation and why legacy IT systems remain the biggest headache in the information security field.
New cybersecurity threat could revive legislation (related story)
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Also on the show:
DOD Clarifies Civilian Overseas Assignment Policy (American Forces Press Service)