Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
In Depth interviews - October 9
Tuesday - 10/9/2012, 8:51pm EDT
Tom Shoop — Editor-in-Chief, Government Executive
Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief of Government Executive, joins In Depth to discuss the "political paranoia" surrounding the Bureau of Labor Statistics and last week's new jobs figures.
"Those who suggest that BLS numbers could be easily manipulated are in fact questioning the very idea of an independent, professional civil service," Shoop wrote on GovExec.com. "And today they did so with precious little in the way of supporting evidence."
Hord Tipton — Executive Director, (ISC)²
Budget challenges are heating up, but now is the time to stand your cyber ground to protect your agency.
Hord Tipton, the former chief information officer of the Interior Department and now executive director of (ISC)², joins In Depth to discuss cybersecurity legislation and why legacy IT systems remain the biggest headache in the information security field.
New cybersecurity threat could revive legislation (related story)
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Also on the show:
DOD Clarifies Civilian Overseas Assignment Policy (American Forces Press Service)