Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - October 9
Tuesday - 10/9/2012, 8:51pm EDT
Tom Shoop — Editor-in-Chief, Government Executive
Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief of Government Executive, joins In Depth to discuss the "political paranoia" surrounding the Bureau of Labor Statistics and last week's new jobs figures.
"Those who suggest that BLS numbers could be easily manipulated are in fact questioning the very idea of an independent, professional civil service," Shoop wrote on GovExec.com. "And today they did so with precious little in the way of supporting evidence."
Hord Tipton — Executive Director, (ISC)²
Budget challenges are heating up, but now is the time to stand your cyber ground to protect your agency.
Hord Tipton, the former chief information officer of the Interior Department and now executive director of (ISC)², joins In Depth to discuss cybersecurity legislation and why legacy IT systems remain the biggest headache in the information security field.
New cybersecurity threat could revive legislation (related story)
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Also on the show:
DOD Clarifies Civilian Overseas Assignment Policy (American Forces Press Service)