Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
CFO Council extends contract to build debt-collection dashboard
Monday - 10/8/2012, 4:54pm EDT
The General Services Administration issued two recently that are justifications and approvals to extend contracts on programs.
The first is an extension for the CFO Council's development of the Treasury Report on Receivables (TROR) initiative.
GSA, which serves as the acquisition and management arm of all the CXO councils, is extending its contract with Booz Allen Hamilton for another seven months for $280,000.
Under the TROR initiative, Booz Allen created a dashboard "to help agencies better manage their delinquent debt portfolio and use data analytics to improve management oversight and compliance requirements outlined in the Debt Collection Improvement Act and OMB A-129 circular."
GSA is giving Booz Allen until May 31 to complete two main tasks:
- Maintain and update the existing Excel-based tool in use.
- Plan and gather aspects for building a more robust online tool
HR LOB help
The second notice is an extension to Deloitte to help GSA create program-management practices for its Human Resources Line of Business shared- service center.
Under the seven-month, $549,000 deal, Deloitte will provide support and advice to "help GSA refocus and optimize CPO (chief people officer) to attract customers, offset cost and maximize service efficiency," according to the notice. "The contractor will also make recommendations, provide tools and templates to operate and govern a successful external Line of Business office within the framework of a federal human capital servicing organization."
Deloitte already has helped GSA develop cost and chargeback models.
In an October 2011 report on its HR LOB efforts, OPM says GSA is doing a fair job as a shared-service provider for 39 mostly small agencies and commissions.
FAI RFPs coming
Finally, a third notice that vendors may be a bit more interested in sets up an industry day for the Federal Acquisition Institute (FAI).
FAI plans to release two requests for proposal — one for strategically sourced training for contracting officers, contracting officer's representatives and program managers; and a second one for strategically sourced curricula development for certification training in the three areas as well as agency- specific acquisition subject matter course development.
"RFPs are intended to be used governmentwide to fulfill most agency requirements for acquisition related commercial off-the-shelf course delivery as well as new curricula development for new certification training courses and agency specific custom course development," the notice on FedBizOpps.gov stated. "FAI's goal is to have the training delivery contract(s) awarded by June of 2013 to fulfill the FY2014-2018 training catalog and to award the content development contract(s) by September of 2013 to fulfill curricula development efforts for FY2014 - 2018."
FAI will hold the industry day Nov. 7 at 10 a.m. at GSA headquarters in Washington.