Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
In Depth interviews - October 8
Monday - 10/8/2012, 2:31pm EDT
Lily Whiteman — Federal Career Coach
With the across-the-board budget cuts, known as sequestration, looming and continuing debate in Congress and elsewhere over federal pay and benefits, it's clear job opportunities in the federal sector also face some ups and downs.
Lily Whiteman, a federal career coach and the author of "How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job," joins In Depth to discuss the state of the current job market in the federal sphere, tips for federal job-hunters and some myths about working for Uncle Sam.
Bill Cull — Vice President of Federal, Splunk
NASA, the National Science Foundation and the Energy Department have launched the first initiative under the Big Data Challenge. The hope is to gather information from different agencies and figure out how it could help every participant's mission.
The TechAmerica Foundation's Big Data Commission has a new report, "Demystifying Big Data," with advice on how to do just that.
IT firm Splunk is a member of TechAmerica's Big Data commission. Bill Cull, Splunk's vice president of federal, joins In Depth to discuss what the commission hopes the report can highlight.
Big data gauntlet thrown down for agencies (related story)
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.