Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
In Depth interviews - October 8
Monday - 10/8/2012, 2:31pm EDT
Lily Whiteman — Federal Career Coach
With the across-the-board budget cuts, known as sequestration, looming and continuing debate in Congress and elsewhere over federal pay and benefits, it's clear job opportunities in the federal sector also face some ups and downs.
Lily Whiteman, a federal career coach and the author of "How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job," joins In Depth to discuss the state of the current job market in the federal sphere, tips for federal job-hunters and some myths about working for Uncle Sam.
Bill Cull — Vice President of Federal, Splunk
NASA, the National Science Foundation and the Energy Department have launched the first initiative under the Big Data Challenge. The hope is to gather information from different agencies and figure out how it could help every participant's mission.
The TechAmerica Foundation's Big Data Commission has a new report, "Demystifying Big Data," with advice on how to do just that.
IT firm Splunk is a member of TechAmerica's Big Data commission. Bill Cull, Splunk's vice president of federal, joins In Depth to discuss what the commission hopes the report can highlight.
Big data gauntlet thrown down for agencies (related story)
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.