Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - September 28
Friday - 9/28/2012, 4:40pm EDT
Tim McManus — Vice President for Education and Outreach
The top ranks of your agency probably won't look the same no matter who wins the election in November. A second Obama administration will likely infuse the federal ranks with new leadership in key areas, and a Romney administration would make even more drastic change.
But many observers have complained that the process for nominating and confirming political appointees takes too long and is too cumbersome.
Tim McManus, the vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service, joins In Depth to discuss hurdles in the process and how they can be remedied.
Presidential appointees face long, winding road to confirmation (related story)
Cindy Auten — General Manager, Telework Exchange
Video conferencing could be your ticket to a shorter work week and help your agency save at least $8 billion, according to a new report from the Telework Exchange and the Blue Jeans Network.
However, despite the survey's findings on the positive perceptions of video conferencing, an overwhelming majority of respondents — 76 percent — said their agencies are not fully taking advantage of video-conferencing solutions.
Cindy Auten, general manager of the Telework Exchange, joins In Depth to discuss findings from the report .
Also on the show:
New standards to tame how the Air Force develops IT systems (Federal News Radio)
Officials Discuss Cybernet Transformation Efforts (American Forces Press Service