Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - September 24
Monday - 9/24/2012, 6:21pm EDT
John Hutton — Director of Acquisition Sourcing Management Issues
It's no easy task to manage 22 agencies, more than 200,000 employees and a $60 billion budget. And it's painfully clear at the Homeland Security Department that it's dealing with financial management issues that won't go away.
John Hutton, director of acquisition and sourcing management issues at the Government Accountability Office, joins In Depth to discuss the department's longstanding financial-management challenges.
Linda Springer — Executive Director of Ernst and Young's Government and Public Sector division
Whether it's the possibility of a new administration or replacing a wave of retirees, every agency needs to know how to fill vacancies at the executive level.
Linda Springer, the executive director of Ernst and Young's Government and Public Sector division and the former director of the Office of Personnel Management, joins In Depth to discuss recruiting and retaining before, during and after a Presidential election.
Springer recently spoke at the National Academy of Public Administration's "Memo" events series about fixing the hiring process for political appointees and strengthening the federal workforce.
Mike Hettinger — Director of the Public Sector Innovation Group, Software and Information Industry Association
Cloud brokers are meant to make a complex acquisition process a lot easier. But when your agency relies on them for the most basic of acquisition projects, they can end up making a mess that wastes money and time, according to the Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA).
The group says the General Services Administration's consideration of a possible cloud-broker model could "serve to increase complexity, strangle innovation and limit competition."
Read more from SIIA's letter to GSA
In Depth brings you the latest cybersecurity news. Below, find links to the stories mentioned.