Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - September 18
Tuesday - 9/18/2012, 5:43pm EDT
Darrell West — Vice President and Director, Governance Studies, Brookings Institution
Your agency wants to share the work you're doing with the American people. Since the Obama administration launched the Open Government Directive in 2009, the federal government has been using technology, plain language and marketing to communicate with the public. But it hasn't been easy and the White House says more needs to be done.
Darrell West, the vice president and director of governance studies at the Brookings Institution, joins In Depth to discuss the administration's open gov efforts.
Obama administration a mix of successes and failures (Full coverage of the Obama Impact series)
Lee Dougherty — Leader of GovCon practice, General Counsel, PC
The fourth quarter is your agency's last chance to use the money it's been allocated for contracts. But the mad rush to use it or lose it means awards aren't written very carefully... so right around now the Government Accountability Office receives a flood of protests.
Lee Dougherty is the Leader of GovCon at General Counsel PC. He hosted a seminar to help contractors understand how best to prepare for a flawed procurement process.
Bid Protest Weekly (related link)
Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.)
When the White House issued a report last week detailing how the across-the-board budget cuts known as sequestration would affect agency budget accounts, lawmakers warned of the destructiveness of the cuts.
Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), the ranking member of the House Budget committee said the report "underscores the need for Congress to act immediately on the President's plan to replace the sequester with a balanced approach to deficit reduction."
Van Hollen joins In Depth to discuss the threat of sequestration on the federal workforce.
Tom Shoop — Editor-in-Chief, Government Executive
Federal employees are working hard to stop the transmission of HIV and explore other planets. Every year only a few get awarded a Service to America medal but thousands are working every day in relative obscurity.
Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief at Government Executive, attended this year's "Sammies" awards. He joins In Depth to discuss what nearly all feds have in common: a willingness to serve.
What Serving America Is All About (related link)
Also on the show: