Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - September 14
Friday - 9/14/2012, 9:12pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Larry Allen — Director, Allen Federal Business Partners
General Services Administration Acting Administrator Dan Tangherlini is promising changes at his agency. He already has a new leader on the Federal Buildings Service, and he recently told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee he's looking at the fees the agency charges.
Larry Allen, president of Allen Federal Business Partners tells In Depth he's not surprised the agency is rethinking its fee structure.
Tim McManus — Vice President for Education and Outreach, Partnership for Public Service
Last night the winners of the Service to America Medal award received their honors at a fancy gala event in D.C. In attendance was Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service, which sponsors the awards ceremony.
McManus joins In Depth to discuss the awards program last night's ceremony.
Michael Schmitt — Chairman and Professor of International Law, U.S. Naval War College
Defending against a cyber attack is just one part of dealing with cyber challenges around the world. Response is a facet of cyber warfare that is still in the formative stage.
Professor Michael Schmitt, the chairman and and professor of International Law at the U.S. Naval War College, leads NATO's Cooperative Cyber Defense Center of Excellence. The center recently published a legal framework for cyber warfare.
Bob Suda — President of Suda and Associates
The General Services Administration is streamlining its IT and human resources divisions. GSA Acting Administrator Dan Tangherlini also said the agency is looking for ways to cut fees at the Federal Acquisition Service.
Bob Suda, the president of Suda and Associates and a veteran of the CFO and IT shops at GSA, joins In Depth to discuss the reforms at GSA.
GSA praised for steps to reform culture, organization (related story)
Bill Bransford — Partner, Shaw Bransford & Roth
A district court judge has put a hold on a provision STOCK Act that would have required some 28,000 senior federal employees to publish their financial information online.
The hold comes as a response to a lawsuit filed by the Senior Executives Association. Bill Bransford, a partner at Shaw Bransford & Roth and the general counsel of the Senior Executives Association, one of the groups that brought the lawsuit, joins In Depth to discuss the case.
Court puts temporary hold on STOCK Act reporting requirement (related story)