Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - September 11
Tuesday - 9/11/2012, 5:07pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Kim Weaver — Director of External Affairs, Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
The Thrift Savings Plan may be paying a house call to your agency. If they do, don't worry, they're supposed to do that.
Kim Weaver, the director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, which manages the TSP, tells In Depth the relationships in the agencies are important to the TSP.
Tom Shoop — Editor-in-Chief, Government Executive
When the government provides a service but no one gives credit, does it still make a difference? Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief of Government Executive, says government is so saddled with a feckless reputation that the fact that it still manages to do important, life-saving work, such as helping end drug shortages, should garner widespread positive news coverage.
"You'd think any time an agency did tackle a significant problem, it would be the kind of 'dog bites man' story that would garner a fair amount of public attention," Shoop wrote on his GovExec blog.
David Marin — Principal, Podesta Group
But now the State Department says it needs more time to research and evaluate its requirements. David Marin, a principal at the Podesta Group, discusses why the deal fell apart.
Valerie Melvin — Director of Information Management and Technology Resource Issues
A mixed bag of results is in for agencies trying to get rid of backlogged FOIA requests. The attorney general set new guidelines in 2009, and since then the departments of Health and Human Services, Defense and Homeland Security have tried different ways to remove the logjam.
Valerie Melvin,a director of Information Management and Technology Resource Issues at the Government Accountability Office, discusses agencies' progress in processing FOIA requests.
Also on the show: