Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - September 4
Tuesday - 9/4/2012, 5:40pm EDT
Tom Shoop — Editor-in-Chief, Government Executive
When it comes to cutting the federal workforce during the presidential race, the two strategies in play right now are simple: Talk about it or don't. Those two approaches getting heavy play in the presidential campaigns, and it depends on who you ask if you'll get one or the other.
Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief of Government Executive, has been writing about the intersection of the federal workforce and the presidential campaign.
Dem. platform says Obama will continue 'remaking' government (related story)
GOP platform takes aim at federal workforce (related story)
Frank Rusco — Director of Natural Resources and Environment Issues, GAO
Since the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010, the Interior Department has been reorganizing how it monitors offshore oil and gas activities. But even now that the agency has completed that effort, some say there's still room for improvement.
Frank Rusco, the director of Natural Resources and Environment Issues at the Government Accountability Office, joins In Depth to discuss GAO's recent report on Interior's reorganization.
Also on the show:
Agency of the month: DHS' Borras offers update on budget, acquisition process and financial systems