Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - September 4
Tuesday - 9/4/2012, 5:40pm EDT
Tom Shoop — Editor-in-Chief, Government Executive
When it comes to cutting the federal workforce during the presidential race, the two strategies in play right now are simple: Talk about it or don't. Those two approaches getting heavy play in the presidential campaigns, and it depends on who you ask if you'll get one or the other.
Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief of Government Executive, has been writing about the intersection of the federal workforce and the presidential campaign.
Dem. platform says Obama will continue 'remaking' government (related story)
GOP platform takes aim at federal workforce (related story)
Frank Rusco — Director of Natural Resources and Environment Issues, GAO
Since the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010, the Interior Department has been reorganizing how it monitors offshore oil and gas activities. But even now that the agency has completed that effort, some say there's still room for improvement.
Frank Rusco, the director of Natural Resources and Environment Issues at the Government Accountability Office, joins In Depth to discuss GAO's recent report on Interior's reorganization.
Also on the show:
Agency of the month: DHS' Borras offers update on budget, acquisition process and financial systems