Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - September 4
Tuesday - 9/4/2012, 5:40pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Tom Shoop — Editor-in-Chief, Government Executive
When it comes to cutting the federal workforce during the presidential race, the two strategies in play right now are simple: Talk about it or don't. Those two approaches getting heavy play in the presidential campaigns, and it depends on who you ask if you'll get one or the other.
Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief of Government Executive, has been writing about the intersection of the federal workforce and the presidential campaign.
Dem. platform says Obama will continue 'remaking' government (related story)
GOP platform takes aim at federal workforce (related story)
Frank Rusco — Director of Natural Resources and Environment Issues, GAO
Since the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010, the Interior Department has been reorganizing how it monitors offshore oil and gas activities. But even now that the agency has completed that effort, some say there's still room for improvement.
Frank Rusco, the director of Natural Resources and Environment Issues at the Government Accountability Office, joins In Depth to discuss GAO's recent report on Interior's reorganization.
Also on the show: