Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - August 30
Friday - 8/31/2012, 1:27am EDT
Jane Juliano — Chief of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Unit, Office of Special Counsel
Overworked and underfunded was the position the Office of Special Counsel found itself in last year. But the OSC has grown stronger and more productive by switching how it manages its cases. Mediation, or alternative dispute resolution, is the new strategy, and it's helped clear through cases both faster and cheaper.
Jane Juliano, the chief of OSC's Alternative Dispute Resolution Unit, joins In Depth to discuss the new strategy.
Tim McManus — Vice President for Education and Outreach, Partnership for Public Service
The Pathways Program, which launched last month, is designed to make it easier for federal agencies to bring in fresh talent.
The Partnership for Public Service is launching a series of workshops and other planning sessions this to help agencies develop their own Pathways strategies.
Tim McManus, the vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service, joins In Depth to discuss the workshops and how they'll help agencies eventually build a pipeline to new talent.
Pathways offers departments access to fresh talent (related story)
Andrew Borg — Research Director for the Mobility Center of Excellence, Aberdeen Group
Your agency's bring-your-own-device (BYOD) initiatives are supposed to offer more productivity and lower mobility costs. But a study by the Aberdeen Group found BYOD can actually increase an organization's operational costs by up to 33 percent. That means it's time to find a business rationale that doesn't make BYOD a waste of money.
Andrew Borg, the research director for the Mobility Center of Excellence at the Aberdeen Group, discusses the recent study.
New toolkit aims to start BYOD conversation (related story)
Peter Swire — law professor at Ohio State University and a Senior Fellow at the Center for American Progress
Every agency to some extent has to deal with privacy issues. But whether it's surveillance drones or migrant-worker records, the federal government doesn't have a central authority on privacy law that every agency can turn to for guidance.
Peter Swire, a law professor at Ohio State University and a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress, is the former chief privacy counselor for the Office of Management and Budget.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Also on the show: