Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Feinstein asks for executive order on cybersecurity
Wednesday - 8/29/2012, 9:36am EDT
She said he should use it to issue cybersecurity standards and his administration should provide technical help to companies willing to improve their defenses.
She added that the Intelligence Community and the Department of Homeland Security could share more information with the private sector about cyber threats, including classified information.
Feinstein said lawmakers' "good-faith efforts" to pass a cyber security bill have been defeated by opponents. She didn't think things would be any different when Congress returns to Washington.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.