Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
In Depth interviews - August 20
Monday - 8/20/2012, 5:43pm EDT
John Hale — Chief of Enterprise Applications, DISA
The Army and the Defense Information Systems Agency hit a milestone this weekend in their transition to a single, cloud-based enterprise email system. The Army now has 500,000 users in DISA's private cloud including 20,000 users from the DoD's Joint Staff and the European Command. John Hale tells In Depth that the full roster of more than 1.4 million users should be using the cloud by March.
New strategy establishes DoD-wide enterprise cloud environment. (Related Story)
DISA envisions unified global communications network (Related Story)
Shane Morris — Supervisor, Diplomatic Courier Service, State Department
Shane Morris overcame numerous obstacles during the Arab Spring uprisings to ensure that U.S. diplomats in the Middle East could securely dispatch and receive classified documents and equipment. When access to Bahrain, a primary courier hub, was cutoff because of protests and unrest there, Morris devised a plan to send diplomatic pouches from Frankfurt, Germany, to the United Arab Emirates. And she organized a successful meeting between a freight forwarder, U.S. personnel and airport authorities to discuss tarmac access needed by a diplomatic courier at that airport. She is a finalist in the Call to Serve category of the Service to America Medals. She details to In Depth the challenges of transporting documents in and out of airports without them being seized or opened.
Read about all of the Service to America Medal nominees.
Also on the show: