Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
Sammies finalists build a space-bot to aid astronauts
Monday - 8/13/2012, 11:52am EDT
Ron Diftler, Robonaut Project lead for NASA's Robotics Systems Technology Branch, has been with the project since the beginning. He and the Robonaut2 team are finalists in the Science and Environment category of the Service to America Medals.
Federal News Radio asked the Sammies finalists to tell us a bit about themselves.
What three words best describe your leadership philosophy?
Respectful, inclusive, hardworking.
What's the best piece of advice (or words of wisdom) you've ever received and who gave it to you?
Perfection is the enemy of success. One of my graduate professors.
Who is your biggest role model and why?
Abraham Lincoln. He led during the most trying of times.
What's the biggest challenge you've had to overcome (personally or professionally) and how did you overcome it?
Professionally, combining NASA and GM goals and culture to produce an extremely effective team to produce Robonaut 2. Overcome with a lot of hard work, showing folks that I respected their opinions, and sticking to my choices.
What's the last thing you read and what's next on your reading list?
Science fiction novel called Kobayashi Maru. Have not decided on my next book. Possibly continue Bleak House by Charles Dickens
What's your favorite bureaucratic phrase?
That's the way it is done. (I love to ignore this phrase.)