Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - August 10
Friday - 8/10/2012, 7:34pm EDT
Jaime Gracia — President and CEO, Seville Government Consulting
The end of the fiscal year is coming, and federal agencies are already getting ready for it. But small businesses may get a smaller piece of the contracting pie than they should between now and Sept. 30. Jaime Gracia is President and CEO of Seville Government Consulting, a minority-owned small business that offers federal acquisition training. He says the solution will come from ONE source.
Read more about Jaime Gracia's thoughts of small business contracts on his blog here.
Tammy Flanagan — Senior Benefits Director, National Institute for Transition Planning
When you're planning for retirement, you don't have to choose the "best day to retire" any more. You can slow down your work pace, instead of stopping altogether, thanks to phased retirement. Tammy Flanagan is senior benefits director for the National Institute for Transition Planning explains when this might be a good option for you. And she compares today's typical pay raises and cost of living increases compared to those offered in the 1970s.
Read more: Pay Raises and COLAs (GovExec)
Phased Retirement Q&A (GovExec)
Steve Bucci — Senior Research Fellow for Defense and Homeland Security, Heritage Foundation
The recent power outages in India were not the result of a cyber attack. But it did raise a lot of cybersecurity questions. The questions themselves might be an indication that cyber awareness is starting to mature. Dr. Steve Bucci is Senior Research Fellow for Defense and Homeland Security at the Heritage Foundation. He spoke with Francis Rose about the policy implications like India's would have here in the United States.
Senate fails to approve cybersecurity legislation (Related Story)
David Berteau — Senior Vice President and Director International Security Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies
Coordinating operations within your agency is sometimes challenging, so it makes sense that getting the job done in conjunction with another agency can be even tougher. But not the Departments of State and Defense. They say they're collaborating better than ever. David Berteau is Senior vice president at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, and director of their International Security Program.
CSIS has a posted a video discussion with Assistant Secretary of State Andrew Shapiro.
DoD, State cooperation vital, official says (Related Story)
Also on the show: