Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Air Force says goodbye to Schwartz, installs Welsh
Thursday - 8/9/2012, 8:53pm EDT
Schwartz retires after a career spanning nearly four decades. As he left his office in the Pentagon for the final time Thursday, he was greeted by more than 200 Airmen and civilians who lined the hallways as a tribute, the Air Force reports.
His final year was peppered with problems at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, which has been roiled by accusations that instructors sexually assaulted female recruits, and with pilots reporting a lack of oxygen in the F-22 Raptors, a problem that grounded the planes and has since been tracked to a glitch with the vests pilots wear.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
AF Chief of Staff takes last flight as active-duty officer