Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - August 9
Thursday - 8/9/2012, 5:56pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Timothy O'Malley — Executive Vice President of the National Association of Letter Carriers
The Postal Service revealed Thursday a quarterly loss of $5.2 billion. The news comes just one week after the Postal Service failed to pre-pay the Treasury for future retiree health benefits. Congress required the agency to implement the pre-payment system in 2006. One of the unions, the National Association of Letter Carriers, says the pay-ahead system is one of the major contributing factors to the financial woes of the Postal Service and should be re-examined. Timothy O'Malley is the Executive Vice President of the union and he says those payments should halt or they will destroy the Postal Service.
Read more about the union's position:
The Postal Service is struggling, but not because of the mail
Postal Service reports $5.2B loss in 3rd quarter (Related Story)
Greg Keeley — Vice President of Defense, Intelligence and Homeland Security Policy, TechAmerica
TechAmerica will tomorrow release a survey of its member contractors that found security clearance reciprocity with federal agencies remains a major headache for contractors. Greg Keeley gives an exclusive preview of the survey's finding to Francis Rose including that the worst offender was the Department of Homeland Security. The survey results were clear: Federal agencies are not adhering to existing clearance reciprocity laws, resulting in massive inefficiencies in time, effort and money.
Read through the full survey results here.
Also on the show: