Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Retiring Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Schwartz talks F22 safety during final press conference
Wednesday - 8/1/2012, 6:21pm EDT
Schwartz answered questions about the ongoing effort to a fix mysterious oxygen depletion problem that caused some F-22 pilots to feel dizzy and experience other symptoms of hypoxia. He said the suits pilots wear, including the hoses and valves that bring them oxygen will be modified. The problems have grounded and restricted the use of the jets for months.
He said he leaves the Air Force as it faces operating with fewer resources amid an increasingly complex geo-political and security environment. His successor will also have to address the lack of trust between the Air Force's top leadership and members of Congress.
Watch the full press conference here.