Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - July 31
Tuesday - 7/31/2012, 3:28pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Photo: Jefferson Consulting
Your agency's chief acquisition officer may have more duties than just procurement. But CAOs tell the Government Accountability Office that's not holding them back from getting the job done and most of them think it's a good thing that they multi-task. Al Burman is a former administrator at the Office of Federal Procurement Policy and he spoke to In Depth about the GAO's new report.
Former OFPP officials say government in state of 'paralysis (related story)
Tom Shoop — Editor in Chief, Gvernment Executive
The threat of sequestration has some contractors hinting a flood of WARN Act notifications could fill up mailboxes in November. Lockheed Martin expects to send conditional layoff notices to 10,000 employees. But the Labor Department said this week that's not necessary as the chances of a sequester are unknown and notices would only waste resources and raise anxiety. Tom Shoop discusses his latest blog post about the notices plus the congressional deal announced Tuesday that would keep the government running for another six months.
Photo: Atlantic Council
In an era of draw-downs and sequestration, what is the future of the European Command? Barry Pavel moderated a discussion about the Pentagon's shifting focus from Europe to the Middle East and the Pacific region.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Also on the show:
Military branches refine cyber roles
In Depth played highlights from a House Armed Services Committee hearing on improving the military's cyber capabilities. Listen to the highlights: