Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - July 27
Saturday - 7/28/2012, 1:11am EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Randolph Walerius — Editor, Bloomberg Government
The cuts that sequestration would force on the federal government may not save your agency as much money as Congress thinks. And some other unintended consequences may show up as a result of across-the-board spending cuts.
Randy Walerius, an editor at Bloomberg Government, has examined the numbers particularly focusing on physical capital investment. He discusses the impacts of sequestration.
Related link: Sequestering Capital Projects May Raise Their Cost: BGOV Insight (Bloomberg Government is a subscription-only site)
Tammy Flanagan — Senior Benefits Director, National Institute of Transition Planning
The Office of Personnel Management has reported making progress on the backlog of retirement claims that has long plagued the agency.
But the pile of claims they're dealing with is bound to get bigger. And if your agency finds itself having to do reductions-in-force in addition to buyouts and early-outs, you'll make better decisions if you're prepared.
Richard Kogan — Center for Budget and Policy Priorities
Everyone is finding something to hate in the concept of sequestration. Worst-case scenarios and words like "catastrophic" get thrown around every day to describe it.
Richard Kogan, a federal budget expert from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, says there's a more realistic way to look at sequestration.
A More Realistic Look at Sequestration (related link)
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Amb. David Smith — Potomac Institute for Policy Studies
The Senate will work on cybersecurity legislation next week after literally years of trying to get to a vote. The good news is, it will probably pass the Senate. The bad news is, the House is nowhere near ready to go to conference on cyber legislation.
Amb. David Smith, with the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies has been following the debate in Congress and shares some insight.
Competing cybersecurity bills offer best of both worlds (Smith's previous appearance on Federal News Radio)
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Also on the show:
Federal News Countdown: DoD workforce caps and agency innovation
John Palguta, vice president for policy at the Partnership for Public Service, and Jason Miller, Federal News Radio's executive editor, count down the top federal news story of the week.