Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - July 24
Tuesday - 7/24/2012, 3:05pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Kim Weaver — Director of External Affairs
Your Thrift Savings Plan account works a lot like other government functions, in at least one way. Contractors have responsibility for certain parts of administrating the TSP.
Getting an update on those contractors is just one of the things the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board reviewed at its monthly board meeting Monday.
Kim Weaver, the director of external affairs for the TSP, provides In Depth with an overview of the meeting.
Gordon Adams — Professor of U.S. foreign policy, American University
The Aerospace Industries Association estimated as many as 1 million jobs would be lost in the private sector if sequestration hits. But not everyone agrees with that analysis.
Gordon Adams, a professor of U.S. foreign policy at American University's School of International Service and a distinguished fellow at the Stimson Center, wrote in a blog post: "We're a long way from 'doomsday' and all the political hair tearing, garment rendering, and teeth gnashing."
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Stan Soloway — President and CEO, Professional Services Council
A face-to-face meeting with the defense secretary was supposed to put industry at ease about the agency's preparation and plans for the across-the-board budget cuts known as sequestration.
Stan Soloway, the president and CEO of the Professional Services Council, was one of the industry leaders at the meeting.
Soloway, whose organization helped coordinate the meeting, discusses whether the confab is a sign sequestration will become a reality or rather that some sort of deal can be worked out.
Defense company execs warns of layoffs if cuts go through (related story)
Also on the show: