Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - July 18
Thursday - 7/19/2012, 1:22am EDT
Stephen Shih — Deputy Associate Director, Executive Resources & Employee Development, OPM
The federal government has a reputation for taking a while to get something finished. So when the Office of Personnel Management implemented a Senior Executive Service performance-evaluation program across government in only 10 weeks, it got plenty of attention.
That accomplishment also garnered a 2012 Causey Award for Stephen Shih, OPM's deputy associate director or Executive Resources & Employee Development.
Learn more about his nomination.
See the full list of Causey Award winners.
Daniel Donohue — Partner, Husch Blackwell
Agility International recently filed suit again the Defense Department after the company spent 31 months on the Excluded Parties List despite no wrongdoing. It turns out their ultimate parent company was under indictment for defrauding the government out of more than $6 billion dollars.
Because of the parent company's sins, the Defense Logistics Agency would not allow the Agility companies to do business with the government, despite several steps taken to get out from the parent company's control, according to a summary of the case posted on the Husch Blackwell law firm's "Contractor Perspective" blog.
Daniel Donohue, a partner at Husch Blackwell, provides more insight into the legal action.
Bob Suda — President and senior consultant, Suda and Associates
A hiring freeze and bonus cuts are the latest fallout from the General Services Administration Public Buildings Service scandal. Acting Administrator Dan Tangherlini made the changes effective immediately.
Bob Suda, the president of Suda and Associates, and a veteran of the CFO and IT shops at GSA attended an industry conference Tuesday where Tangherlini spoke.
But the acting administrator didn't let on about the cuts he announced later in the day, Suda says.
Also on the show: