Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - July 11
Thursday - 7/12/2012, 1:49am EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Lee Dougherty — General Counsel, P.C.'s Government Contracts practice
Type in the phrase "GSA schedules" into just about any search engine, and your screen will fill up with companies who'd love to help small businesses get access to the schedules programs. And while many, if not most of those firms are legitimate, there are also quite a few unscrupulous operations that take consulting fees and do little or no work.
Lee Dougherty , the chairman of the government contracts group at the law firm General Counsel, says businesses frequently contact him hoping to get their money back from scam artists who claimed they could get them easy access to the GSA schedules.
Thad Bingel — Former Chief of Staff, Customs and Border Protection
Several Texas lawmakers are pushing back against a U.S. Border Patrol plan to close down nine of its stations there and in three other states. In a memo the Border Patrol chief sent to the field last week, the agency said it would relocate the agents from those stations to higher-priority areas closer to the border.
Three Republican House members say that would leave local police agencies in their districts without the help they need to handle immigration-related law enforcement matters. Thad Bingel served as chief of staff for U.S. Customs and Border Protection in 2007 and 2008 (the Border Patrol is a component of CBP). He's now a principal at Command Consulting.
Also on the show: