Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - July 5
Friday - 7/6/2012, 1:05am EDT
Irene Katacinski — Deputy for small business programs, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division
The federal government's challenge to increase the amount of small-business contracting isn't going away — as evidenced by recent scorecard released by the Small Business Administration. The numbers showed agencies missed four of five goals.
But some parts of government are doing well in small business contracting. One of them is the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division, which won the Navy Office of Small Business Programs Directors Award.
Click here to read the award citation
Hank Kenchington — Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Electric Delivery and Energy Reliability, Energy Department
The Energy Department and the Homeland Security Department are teaming up to help utilities build up their cyber defenses: a Cybersecurity Self-Evaluation Survey Tool
Hank Kenchington, the deputy assistant secretary of the Energy Department's Office of Electric Delivery and Energy Reliability, discusses how the tool works and how DHS and Energy developed it.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Guy Timberlake — Chief Visionary Officer, American Small Business Coalition
Guy Timberlake, the chief visionary officer for the American Small Business Coalition, discusses how the government can fix its small business contracting problems. The connection, Timberlake says, is Phil Collins!