Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - July 5
Friday - 7/6/2012, 1:05am EDT
Irene Katacinski — Deputy for small business programs, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division
The federal government's challenge to increase the amount of small-business contracting isn't going away — as evidenced by recent scorecard released by the Small Business Administration. The numbers showed agencies missed four of five goals.
But some parts of government are doing well in small business contracting. One of them is the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division, which won the Navy Office of Small Business Programs Directors Award.
Click here to read the award citation
Hank Kenchington — Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Electric Delivery and Energy Reliability, Energy Department
The Energy Department and the Homeland Security Department are teaming up to help utilities build up their cyber defenses: a Cybersecurity Self-Evaluation Survey Tool
Hank Kenchington, the deputy assistant secretary of the Energy Department's Office of Electric Delivery and Energy Reliability, discusses how the tool works and how DHS and Energy developed it.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Guy Timberlake — Chief Visionary Officer, American Small Business Coalition
Guy Timberlake, the chief visionary officer for the American Small Business Coalition, discusses how the government can fix its small business contracting problems. The connection, Timberlake says, is Phil Collins!