Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
In Depth interviews - July 5
Friday - 7/6/2012, 1:05am EDT
Irene Katacinski — Deputy for small business programs, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division
The federal government's challenge to increase the amount of small-business contracting isn't going away — as evidenced by recent scorecard released by the Small Business Administration. The numbers showed agencies missed four of five goals.
But some parts of government are doing well in small business contracting. One of them is the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division, which won the Navy Office of Small Business Programs Directors Award.
Click here to read the award citation
Hank Kenchington — Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Electric Delivery and Energy Reliability, Energy Department
The Energy Department and the Homeland Security Department are teaming up to help utilities build up their cyber defenses: a Cybersecurity Self-Evaluation Survey Tool
Hank Kenchington, the deputy assistant secretary of the Energy Department's Office of Electric Delivery and Energy Reliability, discusses how the tool works and how DHS and Energy developed it.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Guy Timberlake — Chief Visionary Officer, American Small Business Coalition
Guy Timberlake, the chief visionary officer for the American Small Business Coalition, discusses how the government can fix its small business contracting problems. The connection, Timberlake says, is Phil Collins!