Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - July 2
Tuesday - 7/3/2012, 1:51am EDT
Colleen Kelley — President, National Treasury Employees Union
Much of the money your agency spends starts out at the Internal Revenue Service. They IRS collects a lot of the money the government spends, but its own budget has been tight the last few years.
And Congress isn't looking to reverse the trend. The House Appropriations Committee has approved a spending bill that essentially freezes funding for the agency, while the Senate committee has reported out a more generous version, mostly following the White House request.
Colleen Kelley, the president of the National Treasury Employees Union, discusses where the IRS stands in the 2013 appropriations process and what the recent Supreme Court ruling on the Affordable Care Act means for the agency.
Gary Engel — Director of Finanical Management and Assurance Issues, GAO
The government's annual look at its own money and budget situation is known as the consolidated financial report, which the Treasury Department and the Office of Management and Budget prepare every year.
But the Government Accountability, in a new report, has identified some of the same problems in the latest report that they've found before.
Gary Engel, the director of GAO's Financial Management and Assurance Issues, discusses recommendations for both agencies.
Also on the show:
DC federal offices to remain open Tuesday with option to telework (Check out latest news on the federal government's operating status and listen to Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's prediction of possible power outages from two weeks ago!)