Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - June 29
Saturday - 6/30/2012, 1:49am EDT
Rom Mascetti — Deputy Assistant Secretary for Information Technology Resource Management, Department of Veteran Affairs
In the quest to save agencies money, financial management pros all over government are looking for new solutions. One of them may be the Budget Tracking Tool at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Rom Mascetti is the deputy assistant secretary for Information Technology Resource Management at the Department of Veterans Affairs. He talks to Francis Rose about how the Budget Tracking tool actually works and its potential for cost-savings.
Sopen Shah — Financial Analyst, Bloomberg Government
The cybersecurity marketplace is one the fastest growing portions of federal contracting. That demand is changing the landscape of the Federal contracting market.
Sopen Shah is a financial analyst at Bloomberg Government and she's been looking at how the cyber market has been changing. The co-author of Bloomberg's report "Software Capabilities and Growth Drive Cybersecurity Valuations" talked to In Depth about cybersecurity fixes for government vendors and interesting statistics she found while studying the market.
Tom Kearney — Program Manager of Undersea Weapons, Naval Sea Systems Command
Acquisition professionals in the U.S. Navy saved the government more than two and a half billion dollars last year. The military branch is recognizing 50 of those individuals for their efforts by awarding them with the Navy Acquisition Excellence Award.
One of those winners is Captain Tom Kearney, program manager of undersea weapons for the Naval Sea Systems Command. Francis Rose asked him to describe the work he and his team did with the M-K 54 torpedo and how it led to his award.
Larry Castro — Managing Director of the Chertoff Group
Just because you're using something designed in America, doesn't mean you won't be vulnerable when that component is integrated into your network. Supply chains with items made in American still have the potential for plenty of holes.
Larry Castro is Managing Director of the Chertoff Group and served at the National Security Agency for over 30 years. He talked to In Depth about an ongoing controversy regarding a chip designed by a US company, but fabricated by a chip company in China.
Also on the show:
Federal News Countdown: SES
reform, congressional deadlines
John Sawislak, senior fellow Telework Exchange, and Julia Ziegler, Federal News Radio's web manager, count down the top federal news story of the week.