Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - June 22
Saturday - 6/23/2012, 1:16am EDT
Steve Lenkart — Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer, Merit Systems Protection Board
As budgets tighten, leaders at the top of agencies across government are making tough decisions about how to stretch dollars, or cut them. There are some initiatives that may be helpful, such as Electronic Payment Processing, but new ideas can take time to implement. This is up to the chief financial officer, and there are many things that must be considered in that role.
Steve Lenkart, the executive director and chief operating officer of the Merit
Systems Protection Board, talks about how his agency is managing financially.
Tim McManus — Vice President for Education and Outreach, Partnership for Public Service
The Office of Personnel Management is preparing to launch the Pathways Program, geared at bringing interns to work at federal agencies throughout government. New rules will take effect on July 10.
Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service, shares some low-cost, high-impact strategies to comply with the rules and talks about how to gain the most success from the program.
Captain Anthony Barnes — National President, National Naval Officers Association
Captain Anthony Barnes, the national president of the association, shares more details about the conference.
Registration for the conference opened June 15. More information on the conference.
Alan Charles Raul — Partner, Sidley Austin
The misdeeds of the Secret Service in Colombia are widely documented. But there are still lots of unanswered questions. Open government advocates say taxpayers are entitled to know how federal employees conduct themselves on the job. However, privacy experts think too much information about federal employees is getting leaked and released in response to Freedom of Information Act requests.
Alan Charles Raul, a partner at the law firm Sidley Austin, shares his take on the
Also on the show:
Countdown: Shrinking agency staffs and sequestration anxiety
John Kamensky, senior fellow at the IBM Center for the Business of Government, and Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service , count down the top federal news story of the week.