Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - June 11
Monday - 6/11/2012, 6:18pm EDT
James Wilson — Director of Human Capital, Office of Special Counsel
The hiring initiatives agencies are working on are supposed to make hiring talented, new federal employees easier and faster.
James J. Wilson, the director of Human Capital at the Office of Special Council, joins In Depth to discuss the progress his agency is making on hiring reform initiatives.
Wilson also addresses where his agency stands on retirements, worker morale and programs to help increase retention.
Michelle Bernier-Toth — Managing Director of Overseas Citizens Services, State Department Bureau of Consular Affairs
When Americans travel abroad, they know in times of crisis they can get assistance from the U.S. embassy. But if it wasn't for Michelle Bernier-Toth, the ability to get accurate information in times of uprisings, natural disasters or wars could be far more challenging.
For her efforts, she has been named a finalist in the National Security and International Affairs category of the Samuel J. Heyman Service to American Medals, also known as Sammies.
Click here for the complete list of nominees.
Kevin Jones — IPv6 transition manager, NASA
The launch of the next generation of the Internet, version 6, is underway — most people call it Ipv6. And the first federal agency to make the move is one that, incidentally, is an expert at launches.
Kevin Jones, is the IPv6 transition manager at NASA. He discusses how NASA made the transition and how it enabled its main website to support IPv6.
Steven Grundman — Lund Fellow, Atlantic Council
Doing more without more. That's the logic behind the Better Buying Power initiative at the Pentagon.
Steven Grundman, Lund Fellow at the Atlantic Council in Washington, D.C., and former deputy undersecretary of defense for Industrial Affairs, joins In Depth to discuss how the Better Buying Power initiative has shaped acquisition at DoD.
Read more from our week-long multimedia special report, Inside the World's Biggest Buyer.
Bill Anderson — Controller and Administrative Services Officer, Government Accountability Office
Government watchdogs can't investigate with their bare hands. They need tools and resources to keep an eye out for trouble. Bill Anderson, the Government Accountability Office's controller and administrative services officer, joins In Depth as part of Federal News Radio's week-long multimedia special report, Inside the World's Biggest Buyer.
Also on the show: