Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - May 25
Saturday - 5/26/2012, 1:53am EDT
Owen Barwell — Managing Director, Grant Thornton
The Office of Management and Budget's drilling a new hole in your agency's budget belt and squeezing it a notch tighter. OMB's plan for 2014 requires a 5 percent cut for all agencies and evidence-based budgeting for requests on spending and grant awards.
Owen Barwell, the managing director of Grant Thornton and the former chief financial officer of the Energy Department, joins In Depth to discuss whether the 5-percent cuts are draconian or manageable as well as what agencies will have the hardest time adjusting to the changes.
Molly O'Neill — Vice President at CGI Federal
Congress has some ideas to help IT acquisition at your agency. But the pieces for success may already be in place.
Molly O'Neill, vice president at CGI Federal and former chief information officer at the Environmental Protection Agency, testified before a hearing of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Thursday, which examined efforts to reform federal IT spending.
O'Neill's testimony focused on the benefits of cloud computing and tech innovation beyond cloud, such as mobility, big data and IT procurement reform.
Jason Wilson — Reporter, Bloomberg Government
The Defense Department spent about $10 billion on cybersecurity over the past five years. But compared to other IT areas, cyber budgets are staying flat and might actually be a lot less than what you'd expect.
Jason Wilson, a reporter for Bloomberg Government, examined federal defense spending on cybersecurity for a new Bloomberg study. He joins In Depth to discuss the overall trends he's noticed.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Cybersecurity Contracts Total $1.8 Billion, Study Says (Subscription required)
Serge Reveau — Marine Corps veteran
This Memorial Day, cyclists are riding more than 200 miles from D.C. to Virginia Beach.
The Ride 2 Recovery is a chance for wounded veterans to push themselves to their physical and mental limits.
Serge Reveau, a veteran of the Marine Corps and a member of the Ride 2 Recovery team, joins In Depth to discuss how he got involved with the group and how others can support the cause.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Gwynne Kostin — Director of the Digital Services Innovation Center, General Services Administration
The new digital strategy from Federal Chief Information Officer Steven VanRoekel includes the establishment of the Digital Services Innovation Center.
Gwynne Kostin, formerly the director of mobile for the General Services Administration, has been named to lead the new center.
In her first interview since taking on the new role, Kostin discusses how the new center came about and her role there.
READ THE FULL STORY: Kostin: New innovation center product of digital evolution
Also on the show:
Senior Correspondent Mike Causey dropped by to discuss his pre-Memorial Day column as well as how the observance of Memorial Day has changed over the years. The picture Francis and Mike discuss is below.
Federal News Countdown: Digital strategy, IT reform progress
Trey Hodgkins, the senior vice president for national security and procurement policy, and "In Depth" host Francis Rose count down the top federal news stories of the week.
Agency CIOs coveted new Digital, Shared Services strategies
The Office of Management and Budget now has released two major strategies in the past month, giving agency chief information officers a host of new deadlines. But a funny thing happened on the way to developing the goals: the CIOs asked for them.