Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - May 8
Wednesday - 5/9/2012, 1:19am EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Witold Skwierczynski — SSA Field Operations Locals President, American Federation of Government Employees
The Social Security Administration and its largest union, the American Federation of Government Employees, have signed off on a final contract, capping more than two years of tough negotiations.
Witold Skwierczynski, AFGE's chief negotiator, discusses the new contract and why the process was so drawn out with Francis Rose.
Greg Garcia — Principal, Garcia Cyber Partners
Congress is moving closer to a cyber legislation solution, but they may be leaving out some important things, said Greg Garcia, the principal at Garcia Cyber Partners.
Garcia, the former homeland security assistant secretary for cybersecurity and communications, discusses what Congress is getting right.
Much of the debate between the House and the Senate revolves around whether a comprehensive or piecemeal approach is better.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Tom Shoop — Editor-in-Chief, Government Executive
Groovy young people don't necessarily think a government job is the bee's knees.
There's a government deficit right now that has nothing to do with money. Young people aren't showing any interest in public service, citing the unattractiveness of the federal bureaucracy.
Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief of Government Executive magazine discusses what can be done to make a government job seem cool again.
Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) — Ranking member, House Budget Committee
Federal employees will pay more toward their pensions under a budget reconciliation plan approved by the House Budget Committee this week. The full house is expected to vote Thursday.
But feds don't necessarily have to worry quite yet.
Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), the ranking member of the budget committe, told Francis Rose the bill isn't going anywhere, even if it does pass the House.
Also on the show:
In Depth brings you the latest cybersecurity and defense news. Below, find links to the stories mentioned.