Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
In Depth - May 3
Thursday - 5/3/2012, 7:40pm EDT
Col. Kevin Milton— Installation Commander for Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Air Field
The names of the winning bases in the 2012 Commander in Chief's Annual Award for Installation Excellence are out. One of the five bases to win this year is Fort Stewart & Hunter Army Airfield in Hinesville, Ga. The Installation Commander there is Col. Kevin Milton.
Col. Milton joined In Depth to discuss the award and what the base does.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by United Health Military and Veterans Services. For more defense news, click here.
Rebecca Gambler — Acting Director for Homeland Security and Justice Issues, Government Accountability Officer
One of the assets Customs and Border Protection deploys to protect the United States is the largest law enforcement air force in the world. The Office of Air and Marine is responsible for running that force.
But in a new report, the Government Accountability office found the agency has some room for improvement. Rebecca Gambler, the acting director for homeland security and justice issues at the Government Accountability Office, joins In Depth to discuss what GAO found.
Jeff Koch — Associate Partner at IBM and former OMB portfolio manager for E-government
Your agency has an August 31st deadline to hit on shared services, according to new guidelines from Federal Chief Information Officer Steven VanRoekel.
Jeff Koch, an associate partner at IBM and a former OMB official, tells Francis what to look for in the new strategy.
Click here for more about the shared-services strategy.