Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
On the show today - April 27
Saturday - 4/28/2012, 1:00am EDT
Alan Chvotkin — Executive vice president and counsel, Professional Services Council
Bill Bransford — Partner, Shaw Bransford & Roth
Alan Chvotkin and Bill Bransford count down the top federal news stories of the week on Federal News Countdown. From a contracting pay cap and the Senate postal bill to the Secret Service scandal, listen for a discussion of the most important issues and news in the world of the federal government.
Michael O'Hanlon — Director of Research and Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
The Defense Department's new defense strategy, released earlier this year, "envisions a smaller, leaner Army that is agile, flexible, rapidly deployable and technologically advanced," according to a Congressional Research Service report, released by the Federation of American Scientists' Secrecy News.
But there are still questions about what the Army will look like after this reconfiguration.
Michael O'Hanlon, the director of research and a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, discusses lessons learned from previous Army drawdowns.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by United Health Military and Veterans Services. For more defense news, click here.
Also on the show: