Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today - April 27
Saturday - 4/28/2012, 1:00am EDT
Alan Chvotkin — Executive vice president and counsel, Professional Services Council
Bill Bransford — Partner, Shaw Bransford & Roth
Alan Chvotkin and Bill Bransford count down the top federal news stories of the week on Federal News Countdown. From a contracting pay cap and the Senate postal bill to the Secret Service scandal, listen for a discussion of the most important issues and news in the world of the federal government.
Michael O'Hanlon — Director of Research and Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
The Defense Department's new defense strategy, released earlier this year, "envisions a smaller, leaner Army that is agile, flexible, rapidly deployable and technologically advanced," according to a Congressional Research Service report, released by the Federation of American Scientists' Secrecy News.
But there are still questions about what the Army will look like after this reconfiguration.
Michael O'Hanlon, the director of research and a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, discusses lessons learned from previous Army drawdowns.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by United Health Military and Veterans Services. For more defense news, click here.
Also on the show: