Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today - April 26
Friday - 4/27/2012, 1:32am EDT
Chris Hummel — President and Global Chief Marketing Officer, Siemens Enterprise Communications
Chris Hummel, the president of Siemens Enterprise Communications North America and the global chief marketing officer, sat down with Francis Rose on Industry Chatter to discuss some trends in mobile technology and mobility at federal agencies.
Click here to read more
Rep. Steny Hoyer — House Democratic Whip
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee approved a proposal that increases the amount federal employees pay toward their retirements — from 0.8 percent to 5.8 percent over the next five years.
Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), the House Democratic whip told In Depth: "My concern is that they are the only workers in America that are being looked to, to make a contribution. That's making the federal service less competitive, reducing our ability to recruit and retain the quality people that we need."
Click here to read more about the legislation.
Tim McManus — Vice President for Education and Outreach, Partnership for Public Service
Pulling federal leadership scores out of the dumpster is a work in progress for many federal agencies, according to a new report from the Partnership for Public Service, "The Federal Leadership Challenge."
Tim McManus, the vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service, joins In Depth to discuss some of the highlights of the report.
Gregory Wilshusen — Director of Information Security Issues at GAO
The House is debating a package of cybersecurity bills that would change the way your agency secures its networks and information. Gregory Wilshusen, the director of information security issues at the Government Accountability Office provided testimony to the House Homeland Security Committee Tuesday, noting that federal information security has landed on GAO's high-risk list since 1997.
In his testimony, Wilshusen said over the past six years, the number of cyber incidents reported by federal agencies had increased 680 percent.
Danny Werfel — OMB controller
Agencies have a new tool in their belt in the fight to stop improper payments. The "Do Not Pay portal" is now open for business.
Danny Werfel, the controller for the Office of Management and Budget, in an OMB blog post wrote that the overall improper payment rate decreased from 5.5 percent in 2009 to 4.7 percent last year.
Werfel discusses the new tool and how OMB gauges success in its effort to stem the tide of improper payments.
Also on the show:
In Depth brings you the latest cybersecurity and defense news. Below, find links to the stories mentioned.