Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today - April 20
Saturday - 4/21/2012, 1:01am EDT
Tim McManus — Vice president, Education and Outreach, Partnership for Public Service
In an age of shrinking federal budgets and workforces, now is the time when agencies can least afford to hire the wrong people. The Partnership for Public Service says good hires don't happen by accident &mdash they reflect a good strategy, including a strong assessment process. Tim McManus talks to In Depth about building effective assessments.
Tammy Flanagan — Senior benefits director, National Institute of Transition Planning
Both houses of Congress are considering bills that would allow federal employees to take partial retirement. Feds would work part-time hours, train newer hires and collect a prorated pension. But while the phased retirement idea has garnered bipartisan support, it isn't clear yet how some aspects of the plan would work. Tammy Flanagan, senior benefits director for the National Institute of Transition Planning, shares her observations about the plan with In Depth.
Rep. Mike Turner — Congressman (R-Ohio)
This week's hearings on the scandal at the General Services Administration have a lot of people wondering how the agency's going to operate in the future. Rep. Mike Turner (R-Ohio) is a member of the House Oversight and Government Reform committee, and comes by In Depth to explain why the scandal is so important to changing the spending culture at all federal agencies.
Sen. Ben Cardin — Senator (D-Md.)
GSA officials were called to four hearings in House and Senate committees this week to try to explain how spending abuses in Region 9 were able to go on for so long with no punishment. Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.) attended the Environment and Public Works committee hearing, and he gave In Depth host Francis Rose his thoughts on the situation.
Also on the show:
Plus, In Depth brings you the latest cybersecurity and defense news. Below, find links to the stories mentioned.