Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today - April 19
Thursday - 4/19/2012, 4:21pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.)
Rep. Elijah Cummings — Congressman, D-Md.
The financial management structure of all federal agencies may change because of the GSA scandal. The House Oversight and Government Reform committee has asked every agency for information about past conferences and the level of autonomy for decision-makers. Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) spoke to Francis Rose earlier today about what he has learned at his committee's hearings that makes him think it might be time for all agencies to change.
Julie Tagen — Legislative director, National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association
A spate of legislation introduced in Congress is zeroing in on the wallets of federal employees — from Sen. Daniel Akaka's (D-Hawaii) amendment to the Postal Service bill to Rep. Darrell Issa's (R-Calif.) bill to allow phased retirements. Julie Tagen from the National Active and Retired Federal Employees association talks to In Depth about what feds can expect and what her organization is doing to support them.
David Maurer — Director, Homeland Security and Justice, Government Accountability Office
After 9/11, the FBI named counterterrorism its top priority. The bureau has hired a lot of people to fit that need, but its long-term strategy to fill vacancies is still up in the air. David Maurer, a homeland security expert from the Government Accountability Office, talks to In Depth about his new report and recommendations to keep the FBI's counterterrorism positions filled.
Also on the show:
Plus, In Depth brings you the latest cybersecurity and defense news. Below, find links to the stories mentioned.