Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today - April 13
Saturday - 4/14/2012, 1:42am EDT
Tom Davis — Director of Federal Government Affairs, Deloitte and Touche
Open season on Capitol Hill starts on Monday for the General Services Administration with a spate of congressional hearings. The House Oversight Committee will kick things off, with other committees holding hearings on Tuesday and Wednesday. Although the oversight committee has called for testimony from former GSA head Martha Johnson and other major players in the conference scandal, it's unclear if they'll actually show up. Tom Davis from Deloitte & Touche — and a former chairman of that committee — is here to tell us what we can expect.
Ron Buckhalt — Program Manager, BioPreferred program, Agriculture Department
Buying bio-based products for federal agencies just got easier with the new BioPreferred Program in the Agriculture Department. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack recently announced the plan that eases red tape when for procuring bio-based products like inks, floor coverings and building materials. Program manager Ron Buckhalt talks to In Depth about what the program will mean for agencies and the environment.
John Alic — Consultant, the Consortium for Science, Policy and Outcomes
Energy reform in the Defense Department is intertwined with its security strategy, and that has helped researchers get a lot of funding on green initiatives. But the DoD is still the world's largest single fossil-fuel consumer. And what about energy solutions that aren't a part of the battlefield — like alternative fuels? John Alic, a consultant for the Consortium for Science Policy and Outcomes, comes by to tell us about three case studies he recently wrote about to help the DoD go green.
Also on the show:
Federal News Countdown — Bob Suda, of Suda and Associates, and Francis count down the top federal news stories of the week.
Plus, In Depth brings you the latest cybersecurity and defense news. Below, find links to the stories mentioned.