Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today - April 12
Thursday - 4/12/2012, 5:19pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Andrew Borg — Research Director, Mobility Center of Excellence, Aberdeen Group
Bring-your-own-device (BYOD) programs have been touted as the savior of federal agencies in the budget crunch. But business researchers at Aberdeen Group recently found that BYOD can cost on average $170,000 more per year when not done carefully. Andrew Borg, research director at Aberdeen's Mobility Center of Excellence, talks to In Depth about the hidden costs of BYOD.
Daniel Goure — Vice President, Lexington Institute
The Pentagon has started a new acquisition strategy called "should cost." But Daniel Goure from the Lexington Institute says that's something of a misnomer — "must cost less" would be more apt. He talks to In Depth about what the strategy really is and what challenges it will face.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by United Health Military and Veterans Services. For more defense news, click here.
Judy Murphy — Deputy National Coordinator for Programs and Policy, Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT, Department of Health and Human Services
"Big data" is the latest term to get big play in government circles. But some agencies are already moving on managing their massive data sets more efficiently. Judy Murphy from the Department of Health and Human Services tells us about the health-care industry's challenges and opportunities in big data.
Tim Dinapoli — Acting Director, Acquisition and Sourcing Management Team, Government Accountability Office
The Defense Department is supposed to inventory its service contractors annually — Congress made that a law. But the Pentagon is having trouble doing it accurately, and, in some parts of the agency, doing it at all. Tim Dinapoli is acting director of the Government Accountability Office's Acquisition and Sourcing Management Team, which recently published a report on the subject. He tells In Depth about the report's findings and recommendations.
Also on the show:
Plus, In Depth brings you the latest cybersecurity and defense news. Below, find links to the stories mentioned.